CPU 24/7 HPC clusters are situated in a certified, auditable, high-security datacenter. To this end, CPU 24/7 rents numerous cages in different fire compartments from e-shelter services GmbH, present at the site “Berlin-Spandau”.
e-shelter is a DIN-EN-ISO-9001 and DIN-ISO/IEC-27001 certified colocation provider which is responsible for the facilities power, UPS system, extinguishing system and security. Spreading over 40.000 sq m property, including 13.000 sq m datacenter space and 2.000 sq m office space, the e-shelter Campus Berlin is Germany’s second largest e-shelter site. The facilities are outfitted to meet TIER 4 datacenter security requirements.
This includes a powerful connection to the global data network, redundant infrastructure, access control, an authorization concept, and video monitoring. VPN extensions to the customer’s sites are always possible.
Physical access to the cages is granted to CPU 24/7 employees only. The installation and operation of the CAE environments is done exclusively by CPU 24/7.
- Power supply at 10 kV level (total power 26 MVA) from two separate feeds
- Separate UPS systems (A and B supply) in 2(n + 1) configurations
- Redundant emergency power systems with diesel generators (n+2) with stockage for 72 hours of autonomous operation
- Redundant refrigeration and climate system
- Use of free cooling and refrigeration generation up to 5 °C
- Use of a heat recovery system for heating office and building management space
- Fire-resistance class F 90 fire protection walls
- Monitoring by e-shelter’s own 24/7 Security Command and Control Center
- Standardized security processes and the 7-level security system secure the tenant areas and technical operations
- Access control via non-contact chip and PIN
- Secured perimeter zones with electronically monitored security fencing system, incorporating anti-climb and anti-tunneling protection
- Secured entrance with a security gate and transit barriers
- Access to the cages exclusively by selected trained CPU 24/7 personnel
- Carrier-neutral datacenter connects between the datacenter Berlin and other e-shelter locations, e.g. Campus Frankfurt 1 and Frankfurt 3; on request as well as to commercial third-party datacenter
- Cross-connects are realized via dedicated, redundant designed pipelines
- VPN extension always possible through carriers with VPN business:
- BT (Germany) GmbH & Co. oHG
- C.C.D. Cogent Communications Deutschland GmbH
- Colt Technology Services GmbH
- Deutsche Telekom AG
- euNetworks GmbH
- Interoute Germany GmbH
- KPN International
- Level 3 Communications GmbH
- NTT Europe Ltd.
- TeliaSonera International Carrier GmbH
- Verizon Deutschland GmbH
- Versatel Deutschland GmbH
- Vodafone GmbH
Do you have further questions about the datacenter, connectivity or datacenter security?